Labor Attorney - Arbitration and Administrative Hearings
This position will be part of Summit’s collaborative labor and employment team and will focus on labor law litigation such as grievance arbitrations, unfair labor practice hearings, and related administrative litigation. The ideal candidate has a background in labor law and experience in first chair administrative litigation. This is a unique opportunity for an in-house or other experienced labor lawyer to be part of the largest public sector L&E practice group in the Seattle area. Joining Summit Law Group is an opportunity to make partner and join a nimble team of expert attorneys and staff. No portable book of business is required.
• Ideally 5+ years of employment administrative litigation experience
• Experience representing employers in employment administrative litigation hearings (labor arbitration, PERC, and/or NLRB)
• Labor law experience
• Ability to communicate articulately and concisely with employers, employees, and unions
• Strong drafting skills, including briefs
• Outstanding academic credentials
• Member of the Washington State Bar Association (or able to obtain Washington State Bar Association membership within a reasonable period)
• Washington resident, or planning to relocate to the Seattle area
• Interest in joining firm membership, given Summit’s all-member model
• Past representation of public sector entities is preferred
Summit Law Group’s nontraditional law firm model, founded on revolutionizing the way legal services are provided, focuses on a single principle: customer service.
Our mission is to think creatively, to proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients’ legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group is a legal professional who shares in the firm’s success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms – such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy – to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm, both on the regional and national levels, and has been consistently ranked by US News & World Report - Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021, 2022 & 2023 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and has also been recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for 2021 & 2022 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We are especially proud that in its 2022 & 2023 Diversity Snapshot, Law360 recognized Summit as being among the leading law firms across the nation for diversity. Additionally, we have consistently received Mansfield Rule Plus Certification since 2022 for our diversity in leadership efforts. Summiteers take pride in working here. You can check out more stories on Summit here: https://www.summitlaw.com/blog/news.