Appellate Law Attorney
The law firm of Foster Garvey PC seeks an Appellate Law attorney with ten or more years of experience to join its collaborative and experienced Appellate Litigation practice group. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated attorney to develop an interesting and dynamic practice with a team of experienced appellate litigators and talented associate attorneys. The ideal candidate will have a partial book of business and be willing to work at least part time in the Seattle office, but the firm is open to candidates with a federal practice located primarily outside of Washington state.
The successful candidate will have:
• Five or more years of experience with Washington state and/or federal appellate litigation including lead counsel and oral argument experience;
• Ten or more years of litigation experience;
• Experience and interest in working collaboratively and mentoring associate attorneys;
• Strong academic credentials and excellent analytical and writing skills;
• A client-service approach and exceptional communication skills;
• The ability to work well with legal support staff;
• Enthusiasm to work with and build a diverse team;
• Interest in and commitment to growing the appellate practice;
• The ability to handle significant individual responsibilities;
• Experience in bar association, industry committee, pro bono or other career advancing activities;
• A demonstrated interest in advancing their litigation skills and career goals; and
• A license to practice law in Washington state (or a license to practice in another state and the ability to become licensed in WA within six months after hire) and admitted to practice before federal appellate courts (9th Circuit, in particular).
The position may be based in the Seattle, WA (preferred), Spokane, WA, Portland, OR, New York, NY, or Washington D.C. offices. Remote work arrangements may be considered.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should submit a cover letter, résumé, recent writing sample, and list of at least three professional references via our Careers Portal, https://www.foster.com/careers-positions. For assistance with the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Foster Garvey values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, political ideology, familial relationships, or status in any other legally protected group.