Technology Transactions Attorney
Costco Wholesale is seeking an experienced technology transactions attorney to join the Legal Department at its corporate headquarters in Issaquah, Washington. As one of the world’s top retailers, with over 106 million cardholders and 800 warehouses in 12 regions, Costco is continuing to expand and modernize by moving more deeply into online commerce, automation, and other tech-focused initiatives, to complement and improve the efficiency of its brick-and-mortar operations. You will, along with outside counsel, provide primary legal support to the information technology vendor management team, which helps Costco obtain products, services, and support from technology providers ranging from small one-product firms to large global companies.
· Draft, negotiate, and advise business clients on a broad range of domestic and global technology-focused agreements related to IT infrastructure, professional services, software licenses, SaaS, on-premises and cloud-based systems, proof of concept, software development, hardware, services, suppliers, and more.
· Collaborate with business teams to devise agreements, policies, and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with laws and regulations.
· Identify and mitigate risks for Costco in its agreements, relationships with suppliers, and protection of sensitive information.
· Provide regular training on contract negotiation and developments in the law to business teams.
· Manage relationships with outside counsel.
· At least ten years of relevant legal experience, preferably with some as in-house counsel.
· Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, especially technology procurement contracts.
· Expertise in technology law, digital commerce law, and intellectual property law.
· Familiarity with evolving privacy and security regimes.
· Ability to communicate with, collaborate with, and manage business clients effectively.
· Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice. Business orientation in interactions with senior management and other stakeholders.
· Ability to confidently make judgments in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability and desire to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
You will have the opportunity here to build a career in a renowned culture in which the company is committed to taking care of its employees, members, and suppliers. You will be empowered to independently drive results and take pride in what you are helping to build. You may be able to participate in other opportunities within Costco’s Legal Department (such as merchandise contracts, real estate, employment, licensing and regulation, and litigation) as interest, qualifications, and availability allow.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Gardner at email@example.com.