Tax & Benefits Principal
The law firm of Foster Garvey PC is seeking an experienced Tax & Benefits Principal to be based in the Seattle, WA, Spokane, WA, or Portland, OR office. This individual will advise clients on a wide array of complex business matters including mergers, reorganizations, acquisitions, and other financial transactions. They will provide a variety of legal services to facilitate the development, implementation and regulation of ESOPs and other plans governed by ERISA.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a corporate/transactional attorney in a law firm environment for more than 10 years working on significant deals and acquisitions;
- Ability to coordinate and implement complex projects and work collaboratively as part of a firmwide client service team;
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking abilities;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Good judgment, discretion, tact, and strong communication skills;
- ESOP experience is a plus, but not required;
- Tax LL.M. is a plus, but not required;
- Some portable business is a plus, but not required;
Foster Garvey values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, political ideology, familial relationships, or status in any other legally protected group.