Senior Corporate Counsel, Litigation
About the team
The Zillow Group Legal and Compliance department is a service-oriented team of skilled legal and compliance professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech, real estate, and media company.
About the role
The Zillow Group Legal and Compliance Department is looking for a skilled litigation attorney to join the company as Senior Corporate Counsel. The Senior Corporate Counsel will oversee Zillow Group’s active litigation matters and create and lead a uniform company-wide litigation management program across multiple practice areas including corporate and securities, intellectual property, advertising, privacy, fair housing, and other disciplines. In this role, you will:
- Lead all aspects of litigation including case strategy development, staffing, budget, responses to discovery requests, document production, depositions, and mediation, typically in conjunction with outside counsel;
- Engage with insurance brokers to oversee insurance tender and covered claims management;
- Develop and implement fact investigation procedures including initial witness interviews and data collection and production;
- Oversee outside counsel in the drafting of pleadings, briefs and discovery responses; and
- Work with and lead cross-functional groups to identify and implement risk management best practices and scalable processes to support a rapidly growing business.
Who you are
- JD with state bar admission (Washington, California, or New York preferred)Minimum of 7 years of experience as litigation counsel, including trial experience and experience litigating in both federal and state courts
- Some combination of class action, arbitration, or agency litigation preferred
- Excellent judgment and exceptional integrity
- Active listener and excellent written and oral communicator
- Skilled at resolving complex issues and thinking creatively
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed
- Experience leading a team
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.