Plaintiff Litigation Legal Assistant
Plaintiff Litigation Legal Assistant– Keller Rohrback L.L.P., a Pacific Northwest-based, nationally recognized law firm, is seeking to add a legal assistant with 5+ years of experience to join its plaintiff’s tort litigation practice group. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of legal concepts, legal terminology, legal processes and have extensive experience with discovery, civil motion practice and trial. We are looking for someone who is very straightforward by nature, positive and proactive, enjoys working in a team, has a great sense of humor and ability to handle challenging situations.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Passion for protecting the rights of individuals.
- 5+ years of direct experience as a litigation legal assistant.
- Paralegal experience is beneficial but not required.
- Extensive mediation and trial experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues, co-counsel, and clients.
- Fanatical proof-reading and editing skills, and a keen eye for the details.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Possess advanced competency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Word (Excel and PowerPoint a plus).
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability as an independent thinker and self-starter, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Attorney calendaring and docketing.
- Manage incoming emails, mail, phone calls, voicemails, calendared appointments and communication with internal and external individuals.
- Assist with maintaining client files, handling copy projects and organizing records.
- Serve as primary contact throughout a project, which includes proactively identifying and resolving issues, and owning responsibility for accurate and timely deliverables.
- Finalize documents and pleadings, with an eye for project management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Management of court filings including preparation of pleadings for e-filing in various courts.
We offer a strong collaborative team environment, in addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package. Interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98101, or to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.