NORDSTROM - SR. CORPORATE COUNSEL
The ideal Senior Corporate Counsel is experienced, motivated, inquisitive, and enthusiastic about retail and committed to providing outstanding service every day. This role will advise the company on a broad range of legal issues in support of Nordstrom’s online, physical, and omni-channel retail operations, with a focus on technology, supplier, procurement, supply chain, and services related contracts.
A day in the life…
· Structure, draft, negotiate, and advise business clients on a broad variety of commercial contracts relating to the operation of multichannel fashion retail business, including licensing, technology, SaaS, telecommunication, agency, consulting, food and beverage, store design and construction, software development and support, distribution, logistics, services, supply chain, data sharing, digital media, and marketing agreements.
· Work closely with Nordstrom’s Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team to provide effective and efficient legal support for Nordstrom’s non-merchandise related sourcing, procurement, and service provider engagements.
· Advise and collaborate with clients at all levels within the business to successfully close on project contracts, as well as in support of other business initiatives, including technology and product development, transportation and logistics, gift cards, store and facilities services, store and restaurant operation and logistics, and policy creation and change.
· Provide counsel on strategic deals, provide day-to-day advice, and consult on issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
· Lead larger impact projects both within the department and across the company while working with cross-functional teams, including delivering ongoing improvements to simplify and optimize contract standards, processes, and templates to better serve clients.
· J.D. with a license to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction
· 6-10 years legal experience in a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department handling contracts
· Retail industry experience preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent research, analytical, and contract drafting skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and establish working relationships with colleagues and clients
· Proficiency in time-management with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment