The Seattle office of Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking an associate attorney to join its municipal practice. Applicants must have experience in municipal law, developed research and writing skills, litigation experience, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff.
The preferred candidate will have experience with substantive law surrounding at least one of the following: land use/zoning matters; public records and open government requirements; public bidding and contracting; municipal ethics; or personnel, employment and labor issues. The ideal candidate will also have an interest in litigating land use matters before Hearing Examiners and courts and in providing legal review of municipal documents under the Public Records Act. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in municipal law.
The position involves the following responsibilities:
· Support and advise City Council, Mayor, City staff members and local boards/commissions;
· Research and analyze complex issues;
· Draft and review ordinances, resolutions, policies and procedures;
· Provide telephonic and email advice to clients as needed;
· Counsel clients to ensure compliance with state, federal, and local laws;
· Attend meetings of the City Council, boards, and commissions;
· Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner;
· Represent municipal clients in judicial litigation and in administrative appeals, hearings, and other proceedings;
· Negotiate/draft/review contracts, deeds, leases, bid documents and bonds, easements, interlocal agreements, and other documents.
· Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
· Team-oriented yet self-motivated mentality
· Attention to detail
· Display of ownership with job responsibilities
· The ability to learn quickly
OMW is a mid-size, multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. The firm emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of legal services and takes pride in providing a professional and friendly culture. We provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, vendors, and clients.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, an employee assistant program, and long-term disability. Additionally, this is an opportunity to work with a terrific group of attorneys and staff in a professional and fun work environment.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (4,500 words or fewer, excerpts acceptable) to Shari Tipp at email@example.com or 901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500, Seattle, WA 98164.