The Seattle office of Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking an experienced municipal attorney. OMW is a mid-size, multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. We take pride in providing exceptional legal services while creating a professional and friendly culture.
The firm emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of legal services and is seeking applicants with strong municipal law experience, developed research, writing and advocacy skills, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff.
This position is anticipated to serve as City Attorney to multiple client municipalities. Candidates must be well versed in all facets of municipal law, including but not limited to land use/zoning matters; labor and employment issues; public records and open government requirements; public bidding and contracting; and municipal ethics. The ideal candidate will have significant experience, preferably as a lead attorney with a city, county, public utility or other governmental entity.
The position involves the following responsibilities:
· Support and advise City Council, Mayor, City staff members and local boards/commissions;
· Research and analyze complex issues;
· Draft and review ordinances, resolutions, agenda bills, policies and procedures;
· Provide telephonic and email advice to clients as needed;
· Counsel to ensure compliance with state, federal, and local laws;
· Attend meetings of the City Council, boards and commissions;
· Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional, timely and courteous manner;
· Represent municipal clients in judicial litigation and in administrative appeals, hearings and other proceedings;
· Negotiate/draft/review of contracts, deeds, leases, bid documents and bonds, easements, interlocal agreements, and other documents.
· Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
· Team-oriented, while remaining self-motivated
· Attention to detail
· Display of ownership with job responsibilities
· Quick learner who demonstrates initiative and follow-through
OMW is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, vendors and clients. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, an employee assistance program and long-term disability. Additionally, this is an opportunity to work with a terrific group of attorneys and staff in a professional and fun work environment.
Applicant must have a Washington State bar license.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Shari Tipp at email@example.com.