Litigation Partner/Of Counsel
Pacifica was formed as an innovative law firm committed to the dynamics and values that drive Northwest companies and civic entities. Since our launch in 2011, we have grown to approximately 40 attorneys, and we now provide public and private clients with extensive experience in litigation, appeals, public finance, construction, real estate, nonprofit, and school district and municipal law.
Pacifica attorneys litigate throughout the Northwest and West Coast in appellate and trial courts on behalf of public entities, public and private companies, nonprofit organizations, and individuals. We have litigated a wide range of issues including many high-profile and precedent-setting cases. Our litigation group also advises public and nonprofit clients on countless political and policy matters, including policy planning and strategy, legislative drafting, high-visibility litigation, ethics reviews, internal investigations, campaign finance laws, time-sensitive political concerns, and initiatives, referenda, and elections issues. Our experience and success in this area is broad, from representing elected officials and candidates in campaign finance matters to litigating the constitutionality of several initiatives and referenda, including ones related to reducing gun violence and increasing the statewide minimum wage. We also serve as general counsel or special counsel to public entities and nonprofits throughout this region.
We are seeking an experienced litigator who is committed to high quality and ethical lawyering and will contribute to the diversity and effectiveness of our firm, the legal profession, and our greater community.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a sophisticated litigation practice and work in a dynamic, expanding, and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of a smaller law firm. This position requires the lawyer to assume responsibility for all aspects of civil trial and appellate litigation in state and federal courts. The successful candidate will prepare pleadings and briefs in trial and appellate courts that reflect the highest caliber of analytical skills and written advocacy and will possess strong presentation and case management skills. The successful candidate also will work directly clients and supervise junior attorneys. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide general counseling services to a variety of public, private, and non-profit clients. We offer a collegial environment and an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and grow professionally.
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Familiarity with legal software search databases and computer proficiency
- Membership in the Washington State Bar Association
- Ten or more years of civil litigation experience preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: municipal law, constitutional law, commercial disputes, real estate litigation, and/or land use issues.
- We would strongly consider experienced litigators interested in representing our existing clients and building a practice at Pacifica, as well as lateral partners looking to move with an existing book of business.
$200,000 - $315,000+ annually depending on experience. Compensation in excess of the stated range may be available for a successful candidate with significantly more than 10 years of experience and a portable book of business.
Other compensation may include bonuses, profit sharing, HSA employer contributions, prizes, and gifts.
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, Life and AD&D Coverage (additional coverage option available), and optional flexible spending account
- 401K Plan including annual Profit Sharing
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Orca Card or Parking Stipend (for exempt employees)
- Access to Bicycle Parking
- Free use of Building’s Fitness Center
- Matching Employee Charitable Contributions
- PTO – untracked PTO for exempt employees, tiered accrual of PTO for non-exempt staff starting at 21 days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid professional membership dues
- Hybrid workplace
Please apply including a resume and a cover letter stating your qualifications for this position and why you are interested in working at Pacifica.
Pacifica is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of Pacifica. We value each individual for their skills, experience, and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in the connections we have with each other, our clients and our community. Pacifica is committed to equal employment opportunity and to compliance with federal and state antidiscrimination laws. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees or applicants for employment based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, national origin, caste, political ideology or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.