Focal PLLC, a twelve-attorney firm based in Seattle (with a focus on technology, media, and internet law), is seeking an experienced litigation attorney to support our growing litigation practice. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Our firm handles a range of litigation matters including: commercial disputes, cases involving scraping/aggregation, brand protection matters, copyright and trademark disputes (including in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board), corporate divorces, cannabis disputes, and arbitrations.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• Minimum 4-6 years of experience.
• Ability to manage all aspects of a case, ranging from intake to conclusion.
• Experience with trademark and copyright disputes. (A plus, but not required.)
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• E-Discovery experience.
• Judicial clerkship. (A plus, but not required.) • Ability to work remotely from other team members. The candidate needs to be comfortable using collaboration tools (e.g., using Google Suite, Slack, email, conference calls, etc.).
• Proficiency and competency using online tools and basic technology (e.g., converting Google Docs to Word). It’s important that our lawyers, in addition to our firm’s paralegals and support staff, have the ability to format and file their own documents.
• A desire to evaluate cases from a business standpoint. For example, the lawyer should have some ability to evaluate whether or not we want to take a particular matter on a contingency basis.
• Demonstrated interest in marketing, business development, and overall practice development.
Focal is a minority-owned business that places a high premium on diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are proud that Focal maintains a collaborative work environment with legal professionals who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance while handling sophisticated and interesting work.
If interested, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.