Summit Law Group is looking to add two litigation partners to its nationally ranked litigation group. The ideal candidates have 3 or more years of experience with complex commercial litigation, with substantial experience brief writing and managing discovery and at least some courtroom experience. No portable book of business is required.
Summit prides itself on thinking outside the box, both in developing creative litigation strategies for our sophisticated customers and with our approach to the law firm model. We do things deliberately, and we do not believe in busy work either when working up a case or managing our firm.
Our litigation case teams are lean and collaborative. We practice regularly in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration forums, with the practice group dependably taking a number of cases to trial every year. Our practice focuses on sophisticated commercial litigation, including disputes involving securities, business torts, complex contracts, intellectual property, real estate, free speech, healthcare, and environmental issues. Each lawyer is heavily involved in all of their cases, from the big-picture strategic decisions down to the details of discovery.
· Member of the Washington State Bar Association (or the bar association of another state and able to obtain Washington State Bar Association membership within a reasonable period of time).
· Washington resident or plan to relocate to Washington, preferably the Seattle area.
· Significant brief writing experience before state and federal trial and appellate courts.
· Experience managing discovery strategy, including developing an overall plan, drafting discovery requests, responses, and objections.
· Experience on trial teams and arguing motions to a court.
· Comfortable being a primary point of contact for clients.
· Excellent academic credentials.
· Federal or state clerkship experience preferred.
· Self-motivated and assertive with excellent time management skills.
Joining Summit means becoming part of an egalitarian team of collaborative and dedicated attorneys who are focused on customer service and respect the diverse talents and perspectives of their team members. Our mission is to think creatively, to proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients’ legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group is a legal professional who shares in the firm’s success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms—such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy—to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues. As a litigator, you will benefit from the environment of a litigation boutique augmented by the valuable insights and skills of Summit’s other complementary practice groups.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm, both at the regional and national level, and has been consistently ranked by US News & World Report–Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021 & 2022 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and has also been recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for 2021 & 2022 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We are especially proud that in its 2022 Diversity Snapshot, Law360 recognized Summit as being among the leading law firms across the nation for diversity. Additionally, we received Mansfield Rule Plus Certification earlier this year for our diversity in leadership efforts.
If you are interested in joining the Summit team, please submit your resume and cover letter to via our application portal by clicking here.