Legal Director - Global Payments & Checkout
Legal Director – Global Payments & Checkout
Expedia Group is hiring a Legal Director to join the Expedia Legal & Government Affairs group as a business partner supporting Expedia’s Global Payments, eCommerce, Fraud, and Checkout teams. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with highly experienced professionals on the cutting edge of travel and technology!
What you’ll do:
- You will provide thoughtful and practical legal advice on day-to-day operations related to payment processing and regulatory compliance
- You will negotiate, draft, and interpret contracts related to supplier payouts and customer payment processing
- You will identify when there is a need for outside legal counsel and, when warranted, manage outside counsel's work and budgets
Who you are:
- You have meaningful experience in global payments-related legal issues, including navigating the payment network rules, regulatory implications, and consumer protection laws associated with accepting and remitting payments in the eCommerce space
- You have experience negotiating, drafting, and interpreting complex commercial contracts, such as co-branded credit card, payment processor, and virtual card agreements involving financial institutions, card processors, and acquiring & issuing banks
- You understand broader legal issues related to the eCommerce payment and checkout process, including sanctions compliance, fraud prevention, loyalty programs, escheatment, and chargebacks
- You have intellectual curiosity and can handle complex matters independently
- You are not afraid to step out of your legal role and provide business advice where appropriate
- You can make pragmatic decisions and recommendations in ambiguous situations
- You want to establish constructive working relationships with business clients, legal colleagues, tax, data privacy, and others
- You have been practicing as a lawyer for at least 8 years
At Expedia Group, we believe in bringing people together and creating an inclusive workplace where everyone belongs and can do their best work. We care about our employees’ safety and wellbeing, so we’re requiring new hires in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination before their start date as a condition of employment. Expedia Group will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.