Legal Contracts Manager
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is looking for a detail-oriented, self-directed individual to join the Legal team as our Contracts Manager. This position will support the legal team and other internal clients with respect to corporate-related documents, contracts, and marketing activities. Our successful candidate will be experienced in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts and have working knowledge of (or keen curiosity about) advertising, marketing and consumer-protection laws. Organizational and project management skills are a must. Position is in our Seattle office with option to work from home until offices fully reopen.
- Draft, review, and revise contracts, including vendor agreements, technology licenses, non-disclosure agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, and data privacy agreements.
- Leverage and continue to develop Rover’s contract management system
- Be primarily responsible for contract recordkeeping
- Assist with privacy compliance recordkeeping
- Help develop and improve Rover’s standard form agreements and contract review playbook
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including with procurement, compliance and marketing teams
- Review marketing materials and assist in structuring promotions and offers
- Other legal duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in contract management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong self-starting, leadership, and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with internal clients at all levels of the organization
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and focused on continuous process improvement
- Ability to execute and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
Your Bonus Points:
- Data privacy experience, including an understanding of GDPR-related principles and documentation (e.g., DPAs, related security exhibits, standard contractual clauses, etc.)
- In-house legal department experience (at a public company is a plus)
- Experience with Ironclad or similar contract management software tools
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until January 2022 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.