Labor & Employment Associate
Seattle – Labor & Employment Associate (#630)
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with 19 locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including food, beverage & agribusiness; technology; banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources and healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced Labor & Employment Associate for our Seattle office. To view the full job posting details, please click here.
Examples Of What You’ll Be Working On
- Provide increasingly complex employment law advice and counsel based on experience.
- Manage single-plaintiff cases and play a substantial role in managing complex litigation including class actions
- Recommend and collaborate with partners on case strategy and tactics
- Substantial brief writing
- Interview witnesses and prepare fact presentations for litigated matters
- Draft discovery requests and responses to discovery requests
- Take and defend depositions
- Substantial trial work, as required
- Proactively maintain workload and caseload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures.
- Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Manage case dockets, dates and deadlines for client projects and legal filings.
- Assist with special projects and cooperate as a team member with co-workers.
- Have fun working with great people for amazing clients!
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Four to six years of labor and employment attorney experience.
- License to practice in Washington (including Federal courts), and California (at least state courts).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly responsive and proactive.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel. Everyone is a customer.
- A commitment to diversity and personal practice development.
- Ability to think creatively and approach projects and tasks from a continuous-improvement perspective.
- Strong knowledge of main Microsoft Office products, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Excel is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply
You can apply online at www.dorsey.com/careers/attorneys. We have a simple online application form. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals unable to use our online process due to a disability should call (612) 492-5119.