Industrial Appeals Hearings Judge
The Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals is recruiting for Industrial Appeals Judges (Hearings Judge).
Salary Range: Effective 7/1/22 - $98,592 – 106,152. Employees assigned to the Seattle Office receive an additional 5% premium pay.
Location: This recruitment pool will be used to fill positions in Lakewood, Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Yakima.
Duties: The Hearings Judge presides over conferences and hearings where evidence is presented pursuant to Rules of Evidence and Superior Court Rules, and issues written decisions resolving appeals filed under the Industrial Insurance Act, Crime Victims Compensation Act, Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act, and other acts as determined by the Legislature.
Candidates must be an active or judicial member of the Washington State Bar Association.
The BIIA is most interested in candidates who have relevant experience, skills and abilities:
- Experience in industrial insurance cases before the BIIA or equivalent in another state; and/or
- Experience presiding as a judge in a court of general jurisdiction, a court commissioner, and administrative law judge, or a judge in a military tribunal; and/or Experience in trial practice or presiding over cases in which rules of evidence are followed.
- Advanced litigation management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of rules of evidence and procedural issues.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent legal writing skills.
Please contact Christy Sterling, HR Manager, at Christy.email@example.com or 360-753-6823, ext. 1123 if you have any questions.