Executive Director - International Families Justice Coalition
The International Families Justice Coalition (IFJC) is an expanding non-profit organization, looking for an Executive Director to manage its operations and carry out its missions: (1) To develop and maintain a list of linguistically and culturally competent attorneys willing to provide family law services international communities; (2) To provide training to lawyers and judges on the specific family law and other issues effecting families in Washington State and to improve the effectiveness of legal services to the community; and (3) To provide direct representation to qualified indigent or in distress persons who otherwise are financially incapable of obtaining such services, or for locating outside counsel willing to take the case pro bono or low-bono. Successful candidate will interact with the public, other nonprofit organizations, and community leaders. He or she must be able to multi-task.
Preferred: Bilingual and WA Bar License.
• Prepare monthly financial reports
• Prepare monthly reports to state of Washington
• Maintain organization website (ifjc-us.org)
• Create multi-language pages
Interact with potential clients vie email or phone
• Review and respond to on-line intake forms
• Telephonic and email correspondence (Listen to issues and provide legal information) to people with problems
• Review intake forms
• Initial consultation
• Reach out to Volunteer Attorneys
• Draft letters
Organize training seminars
• Organize Annual Gala
• Reach out to potential donors
• Correspond with donors
• Prepare brochures
• Mail out organizational literature
• Compile list of potential and current donors
• Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Good communications skills
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to John Higa at .