Are you interested in joining an entrepreneurial, highly capable, and collegial law firm where you can have an immediate impact representing and advising clients? Do you share our recognition that many traditional law firm customs, including hierarchical business structures and the soul-crushing partnership track, don’t serve the interests of clients or attorneys? Do you desire to be part of an inclusive organization that embraces diversity, where you can be your authentic self? If you answer yes to these questions, Summit Law Group may offer the opportunity you have been waiting for.
The employment/labor attorney will represent employers in litigation in federal and state court, as well as in administrative proceedings and arbitrations. This attorney will also advise and counsel employers on the full spectrum of employment law issues. This is a great opportunity for attorneys who are currently in a large firm or in-house and are looking to make partner as part of a nimble team working with high-profile clients.
· Candidates must be a member of the Washington State bar association (or the bar association of another state and able to obtain Washington state bar association membership within a reasonable period of time). Candidates must reside in Washington, or plan to relocate.
· Our ideal new partner would have a minimum of 3-6 years' experience representing employers in employment litigation, including experience taking and defending depositions, conducting written discovery, drafting briefs, and arguing motions.
· Experience in advising employers on employment issues, including those relating to discipline/discharge, leave and accommodation, wage and hour, discrimination/harassment, and restrictive covenants. Experience drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and contracts is also desired, as is an interest in conducting personnel training and presenting at employer conferences.
· We are looking for a colleague who is self-motivated, client-focused, and interested in helping to continue to develop a diverse client base. A sense of humor and experience representing public sector entities are pluses.
· Candidates should be interested in joining the membership given the all-member model at Summit.
Summit Law Group’s nontraditional law firm model, founded on revolutionizing the way legal services are provided, focuses on a single principle: customer service.
Our mission is to think creatively, to proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients’ legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group is a legal professional who shares in the firm’s success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms – such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy – to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm, both on the regional and national levels, and was recognized as a Top Law Firm by US New & World Report and Best Lawyers in 2020, and Chambers USA in 2021. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and was just recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal. Summiteers take pride in working here. You can check out more stories on Summit here: https://www.summitlaw.com/blog/news.