Costco In-House Counsel
Costco Wholesale is seeking an experienced technology transactions attorney to join the legal team at its corporate headquarters in Issaquah, Wash. As one of the world’s top retailers, with over 94 million members and warehouses in 11 countries, Costco is continuing to expand and modernize its diverse operations by moving more deeply into online commerce, automation, and other tech-focused initiatives to improve efficiency of its brick-and-mortar operations. In this role, you will provide legal support to the information technology vendor management team, which helps Costco obtain products, services, and support from technology providers ranging from small one-product firms to some of the largest, most sophisticated companies on the planet.
· Draft, negotiate, and advise business clients on a broad range of domestic and global technology-focused agreements related to IT infrastructure, professional services, software licenses, SaaS, on-premises and cloud-based transactions, proof of concept, software development, hardware, services, suppliers, and more.
· Collaborate with business teams to devise agreements, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
· Identify and mitigate risks for Costco in its agreements, relationships with suppliers, and protection of sensitive information.
· Provide regular training on contract negotiation and developments in the law to business teams.
· Manage a dedicated team of outside counsel.
· Other opportunities within Costco’s legal department (such as merchandise contracts, real estate, employment, licensing and regulation, litigation, etc.) as interest, qualifications, and availability allow.
· At least 10 years of relevant legal experience, preferably with at least some as in-house counsel.
· Extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, especially technology procurement contracts.
· Expertise in technology law, digital commerce law, and intellectual property law.
· Familiarity with evolving privacy and security regimes.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with and manage business clients effectively.
At Costco, you’ll build a long-lasting career in a renowned culture where the company is committed to taking care of its employees, members, and suppliers. You’ll be empowered to independently drive results within your areas of responsibility, and you’ll feel good about what you’re helping to build. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Gardner at email@example.com.