Corporate Real Estate Associate
The Spokane, Washington office of Kutak Rock LLP seeks a full-time associate with up to 4 years of experience to join its corporate and real estate practice group. The ideal candidate will either have experience in real estate and corporate law or an identified interest in real estate and corporate law. This role affords the opportunity to work on matters both regionally and nationally with other offices of Kutak Rock LLP.
An associate in the practice group will be provided the opportunity to work with clients on a variety of related matters, including:
- Preparation of real estate transaction documents, including purchase and sale agreements and easements.
- Negotiation and preparation of ownership sale documents for closely held private entities.
- Drafting of leases for retail, office, and industrial facilities.
- Preparation, review, and analysis of loan documents.
- Review of federal, state, and local regulations on requirements for land use developments for governmental entities and private developers.
- Due diligence for real estate transactions including review and analysis of title commitments and land surveys, including preparation and resolution of objections contained in title and survey comment letters.
The position requires strong writing and analytical skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced transactional practice, and an interest in direct client engagement. All applicants must either be admitted in Washington or intend to be admitted in Washington. Please submit a cover letter, transcript, and resume for consideration for this position. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Kutak Rock offers a collegial working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.