Corporate Finance Associate
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking a Corporate Finance Associate with three to five years of experience to join the Minneapolis, Dallas, Denver, New York, Salt Lake City, Seattle, or Wilmington, DE office. This associate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of corporate finance transactions, including senior debt, asset based lending, cash flow, sponsor finance, unitranche and mezzanine transactions.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school;
- Three to five years of corporate debt financing experience at a large law firm;
- Texas bar admission (for Dallas candidates), Colorado bar admission (for Denver candidates), Minnesota bar admission (for Minneapolis candidates), Delaware bar admission (for Delaware candidates), New York bar admission (for New York candidates), Utah bar admission (for Salt Lake City candidates) or Washington bar admission (for Seattle candidates);
- Strong communication and writing skills; and
- Top academic credentials.
For Denver applicants only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The starting salary for associate positions in our Denver office is $180,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Associates are eligible to participate in Dorsey’s associate bonus program, subject to the program’s conditions and restrictions.
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
Clients have relied on the international law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP since 1912 as a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner. With locations across the United States as well as Canada, Europe and Asia, Dorsey provides an integrated, dedicated approach to its clients' legal and business needs. Dorsey’s diverse client base includes more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies.
Our lawyers apply superb legal knowledge and skills with practical wisdom and a deep understanding of business and industry. We serve clients in nearly all industries, but focus on six key industries in which we have excellent depth and a history of achieving client success:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Development and Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
Dorsey’s distinguished alumni include U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, noted law professor and scholar William Prosser and former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale. Recognized for our dedication to community, Dorsey has met the ABA Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge every year since the Challenge began in 1993 by devoting more than 3% of billable hours to pro bono work.
One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
- Mansfield Certification Plus (Diversity Lab)
- Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
- Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
- Adoption Advocate (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
How to Apply
Dorsey accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5149.