Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Corporate Counsel to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Corporate Counsel will be responsible for working with our legal team on a wide variety of projects and supporting several key areas of the business including sales, marketing and customer experience. This role will have a hand in helping craft policies, draft templates, and negotiate contracts for this high-growth company. This role reports to our General Counsel.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 3+ years of experience working as a practicing lawyer in either an in-house legal department or a global law firm
- Self-starter with strong bias for action, and a high degree of professional ethics and personal accountability
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with business partners at all levels
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating various business contracts including sales, marketing, and confidentiality agreements
- Strong communication and project management skills with a strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and active membership in the Washington State Bar
- Excellent judgment, able to make smart decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Willingness to jump in and do whatever needs doing, even if not in your area of expertise
- Proficient in computer applications such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, G-Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
You get bonus points for:
- Prior experience working with/in high-growth organizations or a DTC brand
- Experience dealing with unique legal issues arising from the sale and marketing of consumer products
- Knowledge of international sales and marketing agreements
- Supply chain and related safety/compliance experience
- Humility with a curiosity for an evolving industry and a good sense of humor
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Supported the Commercial Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience organizations, providing front-line legal support for customer-facing teams
- Led contract negotiations with corporate partners and social media influencers and provided legal review of marketing campaigns and television advertising scripts
- Partnered with outside counsel to file and protect domestic and international copyrights/trademarks and counseled leadership on a variety of topics including fair use and international trademark protection
- Drafted, negotiated, and analyzed agreements related to sales, professional services, confidentiality, and intellectual property
- Provided DTC-related legal advice in areas such as consumer protection and product liability
- Developed legal templates for use by the Rad legal team and our business colleagues and assisted with the management of consumer claims and related litigation
- Additional duties & overtime as required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.