The Spokane, Washington office of Kutak Rock seeks a full-time associate attorney to join its municipal, corporate, and real estate practice group. An associate in the practice group will be provided the opportunity to work with clients on a variety of related matters. The associate will also work on matters regionally and nationally with other firm offices. The ideal candidate will have experience or identified interest in the areas of municipal law, school law, real estate, and/or corporate law.
- Provide general counsel legal advice to municipalities on matters involving state and federal constitutional, employment, contracts, real property, open government, anti-discrimination, and tort laws
- Provide general counsel legal advice to school districts on matters involving special education, student rights and responsibilities, and personnel matters
- Represent school districts at special education mediations and administrative due process hearings
- Represent municipal entities at administrative hearings before hearings officers and administrative tribunals on land use matters
- Prepare real estate transaction documents, including purchase and sale agreements and easements for municipal entities
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, transactional practice
- Interest in direct client engagement
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- Law Degree (JD) from an ABA accredited law school
- At least 5 years of experience
- All applicants must be either admitted in Washington or are intending to be admitted in Washington
- Experience or interest in the areas of municipal law, school law, real estate law, or corporate law preferred
Salary Range: $130,000 - $155,000 per year, commensurate with experience
Position Status: Exempt
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Fertility coverage assistance. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Discretionary bonuses. Nine Paid Holidays per calendar year. Flexible Time Off Plan. Bereavement, jury duty, military leave. Employee Assistance Program. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Technology Allowance. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-231-8899 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.