Construction Litigation Attorney
Construction Litigation Associate Attorney or Junior Partner
Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking a Litigation Associate Attorney or Junior Partner for its Seattle office. OMW is a multi-specialty firm primarily serving Pacific Northwest clients for over 100 years. OMW takes pride in providing exceptional legal services while, at the same time, offering its employees a professional, friendly and inclusive culture, as well as a fun work environment.
OMW emphasizes a collaborative, team approach to the delivery of high-quality legal services and is seeking applicants with strong research and writing skills, superior academic credentials, and the ability to work closely with multiple attorneys and staff. This position will support the litigation department with focuses on construction litigation and contract negotiation, insurance coverage, and commercial litigation matters. Applicants must have a Washington State bar license.
The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of litigation practice experience, preferably in construction litigation, and will be expected to:
· Manage construction litigation matters, including claims for extra work, delays, and differing site conditions;
· Draft/review contracts with knowledge of public procurement;
· Research and analyze complex legal issues;
· Draft correspondence, pleadings, briefs and other legal documents;
· Manage all aspects of discovery, including the handling of electronically stored data and voluminous document productions and associated review;
· Conduct and assist with depositions, motions practice and court hearings;
· Select and work with expert witnesses;
· Assist senior attorneys with trial preparation and/or to provide trial support;
· Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner;
· Perform work independently to achieve client objectives.
· Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
· Team oriented, while remaining self-motivated
· Attention to detail
· Display of ownership with job responsibilities
· Quick learner
· Strong communication skills
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, family leave, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to Shari Tipp, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com or 901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500, Seattle, WA 98164.