Chief deputy prosecuting attorney
SNOHOMISH COUNTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
The Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney’s office seeks a Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the Family Support Division of the Office. The desired candidate will have a demonstrated interest in public service and experience supervising attorneys and staff. The Chief Family Support Deputy will be a member of the leadership team for Snohomish County’s largest law firm, working directly with the Prosecuting Attorney, Chief of Staff, and Chief Deputies of the Criminal and Civil Divisions. Applicants must have strong HR, budgeting, interpersonal, and implementation skills. Candidates must also have excellent research, writing, analytical, and communication skills; and proficiencies in computer-aided research and word processing.
The Family Support Division consists of 9 attorneys and 20 professional staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $4 million. The Division represents the State of Washington, and provides the following legal services:
• Judicial establishment of paternity and child support including requests from other county and states and Tribes.
• Enforcement of support orders when parents fail to pay court-ordered child support through the contempt process.
• Prosecution of interstate cases for paternity and child support orders on the same basis as in-state cases.
• Modification of existing child support orders.
• Representation of state interest in private dissolution, parentage, and nonparental custody actions when tax dollars have been expended to support a child.
• Legal representation of the Division of Child Support, a division of the Department of State Health Services (DSHS), in lawsuits challenging the agency’s collection actions against parents owing a duty of support.
• The Family Support Division does not represent parents or other individuals in child support cases. For a case to be initiated by the prosecutor's office, it must be referred by the Division of Child Support (DCS).
Membership in the Washington State Bar Association is required. In accordance with state law, deputy prosecuting attorneys must be United States citizens (and must pass a criminal background check).
The salary range is $156,758 to $164,596, depending upon qualifications. The position includes a generous benefits and leave package. Snohomish County is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, writing sample and references to: Adam Cornell, Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney, Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, 3000 Rockefeller, M/S 504, Everett, WA 98201 or by email at Contact.Prosecutor@co.snohomish.wa.us.