Focal PLLC, a Seattle law firm, seeks a full-time paralegal to primarily support our corporate and transactional practices. Corporate governance and transactional experience is required. Duties will include:
● Working with lawyers to prepare and file documents required to form, maintain, and/or dissolve companies, such as corporations and limited liability companies.
● Collecting and organizing client and corporate information, tracking filing and renewal deadlines, and corresponding and coordinating document execution with third parties.
● Assisting lawyers to prepare documentation for a variety of corporate transactions, from mergers and acquisitions to debt and equity financings. This may include preparing or drafting due diligence request lists, document data rooms, form agreements, and closing binders.
● Assisting lawyers to prepare corporate governance documents, such as board minutes, board and/or shareholder resolutions, and equity grants.
● Creating and maintaining corporate records, such as minute books, cap tables, stock certificates, and stock option ledgers.
● Conducting legal research and analysis from time-to-time as needed, under the supervision and direction of lawyers.
● Proofreading various types of commercial agreements and revising/updating commercial agreements as directed by lawyers.
● Developing systems and processes to streamline contract or transaction origination and completion.
We are looking for an organized and proactive candidate with the ability to work efficiently and independently. Attention to detail is key. The position requires excellent writing skills and proficiency with office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe and DocuSign. Familiarity with Carta is preferred. The ability to work with and help evaluate new software tools is important.
The preferred candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience, a paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree, or a combination of experience and education that allows the candidate to meet the needs of the firm.
Focal maintains an office in SoDo, but all attorneys and staff are currently working remotely. The ability to work primarily remotely will continue post-COVID restrictions. However, working at the office may be required from time to time.
Focal maintains a family friendly atmosphere. We value diversity and make an effort to look for diverse candidates. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A writing sample may be required upon request.